- Lead or assist in the development of various components of WTD’s planning programs including but not limited to Treatment Planning, Conveyance System Improvement Planning, Inflow and Infiltration Planning, Climate Adaptation Planning, Combined Sewer Overflow Planning, and Comprehensive Sewer System Planning.
- Review initiatives, plans, regulations, policies, technical studies, and documents for impacts on the regional conveyance and treatment system and various planning programs.
- Lead, coordinate, develop, and/or execute with various types of planning processes, decision making roadmaps, technical, costing, and policy analyses, such as treatment options, conveyance options, benefit/costs analysis, literature reviews, sustainability analyses, and data statistical analyses to evaluate technical concepts, recommend policies and decisions for various planning programs to inform decision making processes.
- Coordinate with other units within WTD to consider the nexus and context of other system needs, opportunities, and priorities as they relate to various planning programs.
- Lead and prepare written reports, memos, and other documents necessary to support various planning programs and inform decision making processes.
- Negotiate and craft agreements with stakeholders, component agencies and regulators to support planning and project delivery.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
Qualifications You Must Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, engineering, environmental science, or closely related field OR the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience leading planning, environmental review, and/or policy analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for conveying technical information to a wide variety of expert and non-expert audiences, such as the general public, stakeholder groups, other sewer utilities, agency leadership, and elected representatives.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of project management, contract management, team management, and planning techniques, principles, and practices to develop plans and solutions for complex projects.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance where there may be ambiguity and established procedures and policies may not exist and must be developed to craft solutions and pathways leading to recommendations.
- Demonstrated skill in adapting to changing priorities, needs, and direction.