We are seeking a Community Systems Plant Operator who will be responsible for operating and maintaining water, wastewater, and on-site treatment facilities along with their associated distribution and collection systems. This will include being the site lead for assigned facilities. Essential functions include:
• Maintaining facility function and making necessary process adjustments.
• Reading, interpreting, and executing all facility and department requirements, including adhering to all Operations and Maintenance Manuals, regulatory permits, and Loudoun Water Standing Operating Procedures.
• Executing process specific procedures, performing general housekeeping, and conducting preventive maintenance on associated equipment. This includes executing general repairs and making adjustments as needed.
• Operating valves, pumps, gates, and other controls associated with the treatment process. This includes operating and exercising associated distribution system valves.
• Calibrates, maintains, services, repairs, and replaces various mechanical, electronic, and electrical equipment.
• Collects samples and makes routine chemical analyses of water and wastewater at various points in the plant(s) to help monitor, confirm, and adjust the associated treatment process. This includes samples collected from the associated distribution and collection systems. Collects samples and makes routine chemical analyses of wastewater at various points in the plant process.
• Responding to customer complaints as assigned.
Requirements: High School graduate (or equivalent). Experience with water and/or wastewater operations and possession of at least a Virginia State Class 4 Water Operator’s License, or, a Virginia State Class 4 Wastewater Operator’s License.
Special Requirements: The ability to obtain additional licenses if not currently held within two years: Virginia State Class 4 or above Wastewater Works Operator License, Virginia Class 4 or above Waterworks License, and Virginia Alternative Onsite Sewage System Operator License. Possession of a valid driver’s license and safe driving record. Possession of or ability to obtain certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within six (6) months of employment. Work an on-call schedule and overtime as required to carry out job responsibilities and duties. This position is deemed Essential per the Loudoun Water staffing policy and requires working during inclement weather or other emergencies.
If selected for employment, all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE