Salary range $7,355 - $9,563 /month Plus a comprehensive benefits package
The City of Everett is currently accepting applications for the appointive position of Pretreatment Manager in the Public Works Department
the direction of the Operations Superintendent or their designee, this position
will ensure that the City remains in compliance with its NPDES Permit. Responsibilities include protecting the
quality of bio-solids for beneficial reuse, reduce pollutant levels discharged
into municipal sewer systems and the environment, and preventing hazardous
waste materials from entering the sewer, so as to ensure the utmost safety of
all departmental employees. Work is
reviewed for effectiveness via reports, projects and results obtained. Supervision is exercised over a staff of
technicians and inspectors.
· Ensure compliance with water quality regulations; develop long-term strategies for meeting changing water quality regulations through the effective implementation of the National Pretreatment Program.
· Supervise all activities and actions of the pretreatment staff including reviewing, editing, and approving all staff correspondence. Hire, train and supervise employees in proper operating practices and the adherence to instructions and policies.
· Resolve compliance issues with industrial users and respond to customer complaints in a timely, polite, and effective manner. Research, analyze, and interpret laws, regulations, policies, codes and statutes.
· Prepare annual compliance reports and facilitate annual compliance inspections for the Department of Ecology. Summarize and analyze program issues and provide recommendations to superiors on strategies to resolve issues. Conduct follow-up to ensure that issues are resolved.
· Develop, implement, modify, and review procedures, policies, guidelines and regulations relating to pretreatment functions.
· Educate regulated facilities and the general public on the requirements and methods for reducing pollutants discharged into sewers and waterways.
· Assist directors, superintendents, engineers. and other managers in planning programs and supporting projects and in developing project scopes, timelines and budget estimates. Prepare and monitor annual budget.
· Administer grants or oversee detailed facets of grants and proposals.
· Perform related work and special projects as assigned.
For a full description of this position, please see the City’s website
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A combination of education and related experience may substitute for education requirements.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemistry or a related field or
· 7 years experience in pretreatment inspection and wastewater treatment or a combination, including 2 years project management or supervisory experience.
All interested applicants are required to submit:
· City of Everett online employment application
· Resume (not to exceed two pages)
Candidates will be contacted throughout this process via email and should periodically check their spam folders for messages filtered by their email providers.
Application materials may be accessed via http://www.everettwa.gov/careers. Completed applications must be submitted through the City’s online application system. INCOMPLETE, FAXED, OR EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.