PROJECT ENGINEER – PLANNING
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer in the Planning and Water Resources Department. The Planning and Water Resources Department interfaces with all aspects of Loudoun Water; permitting, data analysis, modeling, research, capital and private development, O&M and finance. The Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of a variety of planning studies for our drinking water, wastewater, water reuse and community systems programs. Experience with hydraulic modeling of water and wastewater systems is highly desirable. Essential functions include:
- Participate in the analysis, planning and operation of the water distribution, wastewater collection, and reclaimed water distribution systems using hydraulic models, climate data, operational and regulatory goals.
- Organize and manage preparation and maintenance of master plans and localized area facility plans for drinking water distribution, wastewater collection and reclaimed water distribution systems.
- Organize and manage preparation of various studies related to water supply, water resources and water and wastewater treatment capacity.
- Oversee the planning phases of design projects for various facilities such as water and wastewater treatment as well as drinking water quality.
- Support special studies for initiatives such as demand management, sustainability, climate change, water demand & sewer projections, one-water planning as well as other new policy-oriented initiatives.
- Assist in the development of the 10-year Capital Improvement Plan.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self starter who thinks strategically and possesses excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and from three (3) years to ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible experience, including relevant experience in the planning of public water and wastewater systems. An MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is desirable.
Special Requirements: If selected for employment all new hires must be willing to get vaccinated or provide proof of vaccination for Covid-19 prior to their start date.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE