Applicants should specifically address and demonstrate in their cover letter and résumé how their education, training, and/or experience meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Experience related to environmental protection, contaminant fate and transport, risk assessment, sediment contamination, and source control and cleanup methodologies.
- Skill in negotiating with representatives of regulatory agencies to resolve environmental technical and/or compliance issues.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, explain, and apply relevant laws, municipal code and regulations, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues and challenges, evaluate alternatives and recommend policies, strategies, and effective courses of action.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse Portland communities, including Black, Indigenous, and people of color and people traditionally underrepresented in local decision-making: facilitate inclusive participation in programs and activities; communicate cross-culturally.